We capture value for all our stakeholders through our portfolio of purpose-built and off-street parking facilities at strategic locations: in or near multifunctional inner-city areas, at public transport interchanges, and at hospitals.
- providers of parking route information systems;
- urban planners regarding capacity of parking spaces needed and routing traffic;
- public and private landlords to efficiently integrate and operate their car parks in our portfolio;
- those offering shared cars and bicycles and public transport providers;
- parking tariff policy makers.
- reduce traffic searching for a place to park;
- improve air quality and reduce emissions;
- provide for sufficient parking capacity and proper usage, both on and off-street;
- create a more liveable urban environment.
Figure 17 Strategic locations
We have defined strategic cities in all the countries where we operate. These cities have five or more purpose-built off-street parking facilities, clustering facilities in our strategic cities significantly increases our operational efficiency. In 2019 we were able to expand our portfolio, and in our strategic cities in particular bringing the total to 42 (2018: 38).
- Belgium – Antwerp and Brussels
- Germany – Berlin, Darmstadt, Düsseldorf, Hagen and Saarbrücken
- Denmark – Aarhus, Kopenhagen and Odense
- France – Aubagne, Brest, Castres, Chalon sur Saône, Chambéry, Chartres, Colombes, Epinal, Issy Les Moulineaux, Marseille, Montauban, Montigny le Bretonneux, Paris, Saint-Étienne, Sèvres, Toulon and Valence
- Ireland – Cork
- Netherlands – Amsterdam, The Hague, Eindhoven, Groningen, Heerlen, Hoofddorp, Maastricht, Rijswijk and Rotterdam
- UK – Glasgow, Liverpool, London, Manchester and Sheffield